The Power of Keeping a Gratitude Journal for Abundance
The Power of a Gratitude Journal
If you have never written in a journal, now may be the perfect time to start. We are now living in a world where we are bombarded with pain and anguish, it can make it difficult to see the good around us and what we are thankful for. And what we see we is what you attract into our lives. Think about this we see the rain and yet we forget the sun is shining above the clouds, or on the upside we have a run of luck and them we attract more as we believe it for a while until the grey sets back in. We want to keep that happy positive momentum flowing into our lives and writing in a journal is very powerful.
Journal writing doesn’t have to be complicated you can fill your journal with all of the good you have in your life, you can write the simplest things, like a warm bed, fresh food, a cherished friend, your pet, the beautiful flowers in your yard, or you can write complex long stories of what you are thankful for.
The power of journal writing can change your life literally, the dark can turn to light and allow you to notice the good, the positive and give you hope and guidance. When you journal everyday you begin to train your brain, actually rewire it to notice more of what is beautiful in the world and what you are thankful for, and when you do you will attract even more positive, beautiful things that you wish to to have in your life.
I must admit it took me a long time writing on a regular basis, just like taking my vitamins I would be great for a few days and then stop, like I had never written before, but I had to set a time and make it a habit. I have had my fair share of times when I see the darkness, the doom and gloom and until I catch myself going down a hopeless path, feeling empty, be reminded of pain and wondering why so much is so wrong in the world and then I add that to me self as a burden. It’s so easy to fall of track so daily writing in your journal will become a habit, and after journal-ling for 30 days you will create a habit and want to write daily.
You will see what you begin to notice what you are thankful for daily, even more will come to mind. You will begin to notice more positive changes in your life. If you have children you will set a wonderful example, they will begin to notice your appreciation and not your criticism. You will attract more positive people into your world, you will notice new doors open as you will be open to see them and the opportunities that arise through them. You see what you focus on you will attract more of.
So if you want more positivity in your life start the process. Choose where you will you will focus your attention, positive or negative? You can only focus your attention at one thing at a time so it may serve you well to notice the positive. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you find your mind wandering to the side of the negative, just notice your thoughts and be aware. As you practice you will rewire your thoughts and notice the good stuff. And don’t forget you’re only human there are times when you will feel angry, frustrated, this is part of who you are and you can’t deny or shut out those feeling but bring your thoughts back to what you have seen that day that brings gratitude into your life, write them down to reflect upon the. Journal writing is a practice to improve your self and to realize there is good all around you, that your are abundant/ See some of the suggestions below, I hope these will give you a starting point for your journal writing. Write me, join he conversation with your posts,
See the suggestions for beginning your journal:
- You’re about to discover who you are, you have a passion the world needs
- When you really needed help, someone offered it to you unexpectedly
- You’re about to leave a bad relationship because you KNOW you deserve better
- Someone, somewhere did that too and not only survived but THRIVED
- There’s a solid roof over your head and it’s not raining on you
- You had fresh, clean, fabulous clothes to wear this morning
- You ate a delicious fresh green apple
- You have the power to change a life today
- You take a stand for what you believe in. Fiercely!
- You have a warm and fuzzy blankie to snuggle
- You can lay back and look up at the stars
- Something you’ve been wanting just happened
- You smiled at someone and made their day
- Someone loves you and you may not even know them
- You have a gift to offer the world
- A little puppy was rescued just this second
- You can say “thank you” and change a life today
- You have clean, pure, drinking water
- You can make a choice for your life
- You can help someone make a choice
- You can be thankful for your health or have medicine to heal
- You can change directions when your off track
- You can take steps to pursue your passion
- You can be courageous and strong
- You can be the change you wish in the world
Think of all of the things you can be thankful for, get a journal and write from your heart, write whatever comes to our mind and awaken what lies deep in your soul, for what you write freely is what you truly want for your life and the lives of others.
I am thankful for you,